These triple-layer brownies are gorgeous, rich and flavor, but not overwhelmingly sweet. A decadent and fudgy brownie base is topped with a layer of sweet vegan cream cheese and homemade blackberry jam. Make these treats when blackberries are in season and you need an easy dessert to bring along to summer barbecues.
Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies [Vegan]
For the Brownies:
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cups coconut sugar
- 2 vegan eggs mixed with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 12 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
For the Blackberry Layer:
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated
- 1/4 cup water
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 vegan egg mixed with 1/2 almond milk
- 5-6 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To Make the Blackberry Layer:
- Rinse and cook blackberries along with water and sugar over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Mash with a fork to break up the berries. When ready, throw in a food process and blend until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
To Make the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Melt the vegan butter. Stir in coconut sugar, vegan eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Once combined, fold in cocoa powder and flour.
- Throw in the chocolate chips, and pour the brownie batter into the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges.
To Make the Cheesecake Layer:
- Combine all cheesecake ingredients in a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Cream for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed. Pour over brownie batter, spreading evenly to the edges. Drizzle the blackberry purée on top of the cheesecake batter and swirl using a fork, knife, or toothpick. Try to swirl only into the cheesecake batter, not the brownie batter.
To Make the Brownies:
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake begins to turn golden and a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean. Place in refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 2 hours but up to overnight. Cut into 9 large squares. Store brownies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.