This soup is so filling but also refreshing. The tangy, sweetness of the beets is paired simply with potatoes, herbs, and celery root. This delicious soup is colorful and perfect for any occasion!
Beetroot Borscht [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 beets washed
- 3 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 celery root
- 1 parsley root
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Boil the beetroot for 45 minutes or until they are soft. Take them out.
- In the same water add the potatoes cut into small pieces and boil them. Cut the rest of the vegetables and add them to the water (onion, carrots, celery root, parsley root).
- Peel the beets and then grate them. Put them back in the pot with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the vegetable broth and the lemon juice. Start with a little and then taste it to see if you want more and let it boil for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper when is done and add more lemon if needed.
- Top with cashew sour cream and/or fresh parsley (optional).