This yummy and comforting dinner could not be easier to make! Just throw these bad boys into the oven and you'll have juicy, succulent, spicy baked portobello caps in just 30 minutes! How's that for an impressive weeknight meal?
BBQ Berbere Portabello Comfort Bake [Vegan]
Berbere Sauce (makes 1 cup):
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup spicy BBQ sauce (not too sweet)
- 1 teaspoon berbere spice
- 4 large fresh portobello caps washed with stems removed
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups chopped, fresh greens (I used kale)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place portobello caps uncovered in a glass baking dish (overlapping slightly is fine) and top each cap with 1/4 cup berbere sauce. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice into strips.
- Arrange greens around edge of plate. Place 1/2 cup warm mashed potatoes in center with a pat of vegan butter. Arrange portobello strips on the bed of greens, spoon on a little extra sauce from the pan and serve. So pretty, healthy and tasty!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS