Crunchy raw vegan popcorn cauliflower is mixed with raw vegan barbecue sauce and rolled up with cabbage and carrots in this flavorful lunchtime meal. Cabbage and carrots add a fresh and crunchy texture that pairs well with the sweet, tangy barbecue cauliflower. This tasty lunch is easily made completely raw by substituting the flour wrap for collard leaves.
Mostly Raw Barbecue Popcorn Cauliflower Wraps [Vegan]
For the Wrap:
- 1 wrap of your choice, or 1 large collard leaf
- 1/2 cup popcorn cauliflower
- 1/8 cup barbecue sauce (recipe below)
- 1/8 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/8 cup cabbage, sliced thin
For the Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1/4 cup dates, soaked
- 1/2 tablespoon onion, fresh
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- A pinch of salt and pepper
To Make the Wrap:
- Make popcorn cauliflower and barbecue sauce ahead of time.
- Mix the popcorn cauliflower and barbecue sauce together.
- Chop all of the vegetables.
- Wrap it all up in your wrap of choice.
To Make the Barbecue Sauce:
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes until soft. You can use the soak water as the water that’s called for in the recipe.
- Soak the dates, only if they are not soft already.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.