Feel like oatmeal? Make your bowl different with this recipe. I used a special ingredient in this bowl of oatmeal: baobab powder! It comes from the gorgeous baobab tree and is super nutritious.
Banana Oatmeal With Hazelnut Butter, Raisins and Baobab Powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons steel cut oats
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or preferred sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baobab fruit powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 large sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Pour the water into a pot and stir in the salt.
- Throw in all the oats and bring the water to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, bring the temperate down to low and simmer until the oats absorb the water, I like my oatmeal thin so I don’t cook it for that long, around 20-30 minutes.
- Throw all the other ingredients – except the banana and raisins, into the bottom of a bowl, then pour on your oatmeal and mix everything together.
- Top with banana slices, raisins, and hemp seeds. Ahhh. Yum.