This tropical banana cheesecake is bursting with summer flavors. Once you pour the mango sauce over the banana creaminess and take a bite, you’ll see yourself lying on a beach surrounded by palm trees and sipping a Piña Colada.
Banana Cheesecake With Mango Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Serves1 small 7 inch cheesecake
- ½ cup ground almonds (measured after grinding)
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons oats
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 package firm silken tofu
- 3 bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup xylitol, coconut sugar or other natural sweetener (you can use a bit more if you are used to sweeter desserts)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ ripe mango
- Preheat the oven to 320 F.
- Grind the almonds and oats in a food processor.
- Combine with maple syrup and press into a spring form cake pane (I used a 7-inch/ 18cm) lined with parchment.
- Process the remaining ingredients, except for the mango, until smooth and pour over the crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, then let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, puree the mango into a sauce
- Pour over the cooled cheesecake.
- Dig in.
If you choose to use xylitol, keep it out of reach of dogs.