That’s right — no dredging, no breading, no frying. Just beautiful jalapeno peppers stuffed with a flavor-packed mixture of vegan cream cheese, Daiya, scallions, and spices. I think they actually taste better than the fried version because you can really taste the jalapeno. The taste of the pepper isn't all covered up in breading and oil. These taste fresh, they actually taste healthy …well, healthier.
Baked Jalapeño Popper [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 6 oz. vegan cream cheese (I now love Galaxy)
- 1 cup Daiya Pepperjack shreds
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tsps. Mexican chile powder
- 2 tsps. garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the stems off the peppers and slice them in half. Remove the seeds and the ribs.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, Daiya shreds, scallions and spices. Mix it well to make sure the spices are evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with the cooking spray. Add about 1 Tbs. of the cream cheese mixture to each pepper half. Lay the filled peppers onto the baking sheet. Spray the tops of the peppers with the cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. The peppers should be softened but not mushy. The time will depend a lot on how hot your oven gets. When the cheese is melted and the peppers are softened, they are ready to eat.
- Serve while hot. Enjoy!