This creamy baked polenta is lightly seasoned with herbs and then baked in the oven for just 5 minutes! It's great as a side or even a party appetizer. You can also have it ready in 30 minutes or less, and that's always a bonus!
Baked Herbed Polenta With Pesto [Vegan]
- 2 3/4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup polenta
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy or rice milk, optional
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water until soft
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced leeks or green onion
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the water or vegetable broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and whisk while slowly adding the polenta. Whisk continuously for approximately 8 minutes, or until creamy.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the polenta with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a well-oiled 8 x 8-inch baking pan or casserole dish and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. The polenta will begin to solidify as it cools. To fit this recipe into a 30-minute time frame, place the dish in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until it is firm enough to cut, but still warm enough to serve. Cut to form 4 squares and slice each square diagonally to form 8 triangles.