Flour, sugar, coconut butter, and vanilla come together to make these soft, moist doughnuts. While most doughnuts with pink icing are usually strawberry-flavored, the frosting on these doughnuts are given their bright, fuchsia color from beets! They're the perfect snack for any sweet tooth.
Baked Doughnuts With Beet Icing [Vegan]
For the Doughnuts:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons almond milk
For the Icing:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon beet powder
- Dark chocolate chips, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 355°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, aquafaba, and vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients, to the dry mixture, and stir until well combined, and a batter forms.
- Pour the batter into a doughnut tray, and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- When ready, set aside to cool. In the meantime, mix all the ingredients for the icing together.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled, top them off with icing and chocolate chips.
- Beet Recipes