So technically this isn't sushi, it's maki, but shhh! I could eat this all day long, and well, sometimes I do. Avocado is one of my true loves and with good reason - it's creamy, rich, and super good for your body and mind. It goes really well with zucchini because they're kind of opposites, when you disregard their shared color. Zucchini is light, fresh and juicy so the avo balances it out. Wrap it all up in seaweed and brown rice, and you have made one happy girl outta me.
Avocado Zucchini Sushi With Brown Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups brown rice or other grain, cooked according to instructions on package
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin strips with a mandolin or spiralizer
- 3-5 nori seaweed sheets
- Set out all the ingredients and get going!
- Spread nori sheet with rice and then top with the avocado and zucchini. Roll with a sushi mat.
- Cut sushi roll into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces. Enjoy.