A full meal, in 15 minutes? It's possible, with this flavorful meal. In this recipe, a savory, creamy pesto made from sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, and avocado is combined with fresh-cooked pasta. Sprinkle with almond parmesan for the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Avocado and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta [Vegan]
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Water, to cook the pasta
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed, but drained)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons reserved oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on package.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare pesto.
- Combine all ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Little bits of unprocessed cashews are fine, as it adds texture to the sauce.
- Once blended, transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Drain pasta when done and reserve cooking water. Combine pasta with pesto and toss till noodles are coated well. Add about half a cup of reserved pasta water and toss, to loosen up the pesto.
- Serve warm.