A dish full of colors and autumn fragrances! This fregola will fill you up and wanting so much more. The combination of pumpkin and black bean complement each other so well! Give it a go!
Autumn Fregola with Pumpkin and Black Beans [Vegan]
- 2 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup of Sardinian durum wheat fregola
- 2 cups of dried black beans
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of arame seaweed
- 2 branches of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 piece of kombu seaweed
- 1 piece of leek
- 1/2 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- vegetable stock to taste
- whole sea salt to taste
- water as needed
- Wash the beans under running water then soak them in plenty of fresh water for 12 hours together with the kombu algae, changing the water once. At the end, throw the water and cook the beans in plenty of clean water with the seaweed.
- Cut the pumpkin into chunks. Add a pinch of salt.
- Cut the cut leek into rings and place it with a pinch of salt on the bottom of a pan with the extra virgin olive oil, the thyme sprigs and the paprika. Add the stewed pumpkin and cook for a few minutes. When the fire is off add the finely chopped rosemary.
- Let the argan seaweeds in warm water for 1 hour, then boil for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Use the vegetable broth to cook the fregola exactly as you would for a risotto. When cooked and when the fregola is still hot, add the stewed pumpkin, beans and seaweed.