A delicious vegan dessert recipe that's sure to wow guests or friends at morning tea. The combination of apple and raspberry is one of sweet and sour - it is delicious! Fresh and vibrant and full of flavor. Paired beautifully with vanilla coconut yogurt.
Apple and Raspberry Galette [Vegan]
- 2 cups organic spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic salt
- 1/4 cup organic cold pressed coconut oil - solid
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cup organic frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white organic chia seeds
- 1-3 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on how tart you prefer the raspberries, add more syrup for less tartness)
- 4 cups apples thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons organic almond meal
- Place all ingredients into a food processor except the water. Pulse a few times.
- Turning the processor on continuously, gradually add the cold water. Eventually the mixture will all combine and begin to stick together in one big lump.
- Remove mixture from processor and wrap in some cling film and place in the fridge to chill while you tend to the filling.
- Pre-heat the oven to 320°F fan forced.
- In a medium saucepan, add the frozen raspberries, 3 tablespoons water, chia seeds and maple syrup. On a medium heat allow the mixture to slowly thaw and eventually come to a light boil. Reduce heat and continue to stir occasionally until the mixture thickens into a chia jam. Once reduced and thickened, remove from heat and allow to stand while you get the apples ready.
- Clean your apples, stand each apple up and slice down the centre. Place each half length ways and thinly slice, removing the core/pips.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and on a clean surface, sprinkle a little spelt flour. Roll the pastry out into an uneven circular shape. The rustic ends give the galette character, so don't be too much of a perfectionist.
- Once rolled out, place the pastry on a king tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle the almond meal filling a large circular shape in the centre of the pastry.
- Spoon the chia jam over the almond meal. spread evenly.
- Evenly lay the sliced apples show in the photographs. Gently fold the sides of the pastry up, starting from the left and working your way clockwise around. You can cut off excess if there is any.
- Place into the oven on 320°F fan forced for 55 minutes, until golden brown and baked through.
- Keep a few raspberries out to thaw while the galette bakes, and decorate when out of the oven and cooling.
- Serve warm with creamy vanilla coconut yogurt and enjoy.