Ambrosia is a classic Midwestern and Southern pudding-type dessert that traditionally contains oranges, banana, coconut, pineapple, Maraschino cherries, and marshmallows. Here, it gets a health-ified update for breakfast – in overnight oatmeal form!
Ambrosia Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 orange (or half, if it’s large)
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- Handful shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Handful of fresh, frozen, or dried cherries (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Prep your orange by cutting it in half and running your knife along the insides of each segment. Spoon out the segments.
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold. Heating up this recipe is not recommended!