This tasty, health-boosting beverage is a spin-off of the popular “golden milk” and golden latte. It’s a fusion of vitamin rich juice and nourishing plant milk. It’s free of dairy and refined sweeteners, and is just loaded with antioxidants, beneficial nutrients, and immune system boosters.
Turmeric Peppercorn Wellness Milk [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raw pecans, soaked for about 6 hours (use more for a creamier milk, less for a thinner milk)
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1-inch piece of fresh turmeric root, peeled
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 soft medjool dates, pitted
- A few black peppercorns
- Extra ground turmeric and ginger (optional)
- Blend on high for a minute or two and then strain through a nut milk bag or fine mesh strainer.
- Taste and add spices according to taste, blending again if you do. Sometimes I add a bit of nutmeg and cardamom too.
- Store in the fridge and consume within 2-3 days. Enjoy chilled.
This will work with a regular blender, but you may have to grate your raw carrot first. Keep in mind it doesn’t have to get completely smooth since you’ll be straining out the pulp anyway. You can save the pulp to make other things, like crackers, if you are feeling resourceful and would rather not just dump it in the compost.