During my Indian holiday last year, a friend made an awesome brekky that I have never had before named Akki Roti. Super easy to make, seven ingredients, and there you have a beautiful cross between fritter and flat bread.
Akki Roti [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup+1 tbsp water
- 1/2 medium sized onion-chopped very very fine
- a handful coriander leaves
- Salt-to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp green chili ground chili powder- chopped fine
- a tsp oil-to sprinkle around fritters
- Similar to baking, mix the dry ingredients first (all except oil, water).
- To that add water and mix until they come together. Consistency-soft, yet firm. Like pizza dough without its stretching ability.
- Now, take a non-stick griddle, keep it on low heat. Take 2 tablespoons of the mix, Pat it on the pan as thin as you want, increase the heat to medium, add a tsp of oil along the edges and let it cook and then flip and cook the other side as well.
- Serve with any dip or chutney of your choice.