These lettuce wraps are a super-filling combination of sesame seed-coated avocado and crispy quick-skillet tempeh. They're then rolled up in a crisp romaine lettuce leaf with a crunchy cabbage slaw and almond butter dressing. To save even more time on these simple wraps, make the sauce ahead of time, or prep your tempeh in a large skillet at the beginning of the week.
Ahi Avocado Tempeh Lettuce Wraps With Creamy Almond Dipping Sauce [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 3 ounces tempeh
- 4 teaspoons tamari, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon, plus 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 of 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/8 of a head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Crumble tempeh. Toss with 2 teaspoons tamari and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Melt oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook tempeh 2 minutes, then add carrot, cabbage, 1 teaspoon tamari, and 1 teaspoon water. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender and the tempeh is browned.
- In a small bowl, make a dipping sauce by combining the remaining 1 teaspoon tamari, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and the almond butter, then stir vigorously until smooth.
- Remove the tough ribs from romaine lettuce and cube the avocado. Roll the avocado slices in the sesame seeds.
- Place avocado in each romaine leaf, then top with tempeh mixture and roll up. Serve with dipping sauce.