Despite the fact that I am a huge matcha enthusiast, I have never actually baked with it before. I guess it always seemed a little intimidating. Let me just demystify matcha and tell you that it’s extremely easy to use and is a great way to jazz up baked goods. The green tea biscuits combined with this sweet and spicy mango and ginger filling is the perfect pair. So throw a tea party and impress your friends with these decadent little sandwiches!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbl baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 1 tbl matcha powder
- 1 1/2 cup mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar (plus a little extra)
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine flour, baking powder and matcha in a bowl.
- Gradually add the oil to dry ingredients. I found it easiest to mix with my hands.
- Next, add the milk so that the dough forms into a ball. Knead the ball of dough a few times and then roll it out.
- Using the rim of a cup, cut out circles in the dough. I was able to get about 8 biscuits from one batch.
- Pour some sugar onto a plate and dredge both sides of each biscuit in it. Then place them on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your filling by combining the mango, 1/2 cup sugar, and ginger in a skillet.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring occasionally. After a couple minutes, and once the mixture begins to thicken, lower heat and continue to cook for a few minutes. Then set aside.
- Once your biscuits have cooled down, you can assemble your sandwiches. Because this recipe only makes about 4 sandwiches, it keeps you from overindulging.
- Enjoy with a nice cold glass of soymilk!
We’ve got more dessert sandwiches for you right here!