A bountiful harvest is a beautiful thing.
That is, until you develop a pile of beets, zucchini, or corn that no normal person or family could ever. possibly. consume.
Then you start cursing those fruitful plants, secretly wishing for hail, drought, or a pack of squirrels to come and put you out of your misery.
Aside from pawning off unwanted veggies onto friends and neighbors, there are also plenty of creative ways to make use of summer’s bounty. Here are a few of our favorite recipes for some of the season’s most prolific producers:
- Beet-root Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes
- Love Potion: Red Beet, Pear, Orange, and Apple Smoothie
- Beet Chips
- Grilled Beet Salad with Almonds and Dried Cranberries
- Sesame Roasted Beets and Greens
- Golden Beet Ravioli with Sundried Tomato and Italian Herb Filling
- Braised Red Cabbage with Beets
- Freekeh Salad with Beets, Cilantro and Lime
- Zucchini Pasta with Chunky Tomato Sauce
- Zucchini Blueberry Muffins
- Minty Zucchini n’ Strawberry Chilled Soup
- Vegan Charred Corn on the Cob with Thai Chili-Lime Mayo
- Cajun Corn and Kidney Bean Salad
- Fresh Green Tomato, Charred Corn and Basil Salsa
- Smoky Roasted Corn and Sweet Pepper Soup
- Sunsational Corn Chowder
Got a tasty summer recipe? Share it with us!
Did we miss one of your garden’s biggest producers? Let us know in the comments section below!
Image Credit: Food Thinkers/Flickr