The days are starting to get colder, so it’s time to fight the cold with a little spicy heat!
Aside from setting your tongue on fire, there are loads of benefits to eating spicy foods, such a lower blood pressure, more balanced mood, and even cancer prevention! We’ve compiled a list of 15 of our favorite spicy foods to keep you happy, healthy, and most importantly, HOT!
For even more spicy recipe goodness, check out the Food Monster App!
1. Tamales With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
2. Oil-Free Spicy Buffalo Tofu Wings
These Oil-Free Spicy Buffalo Tofu Wings bring all the heat without too much sauce or grease! They are super healthy and absolutely delicious. Perfect for most dietary restrictions too! By Annie Markowitz.
3. Chipotle Cauliflower Jalapeño Fritters
4. Spicy Lentil Rice Burgers
These Spicy Lentil Rice Burgers by Maya Sozer are so meaty! Made primarily with lentils, brown rice, and sunflower seeds, these patties are protein and fiber dense, so you can nosh knowing that you’re eating a wholesome and filling dish.
5. Spicy Sweetcorn and Onion Fritters
These Spicy Sweetcorn and Onion Fritters by Holly Jade are a must-try! Sweetcorn, coriander, and onion are mixed together into a batter and the center of each fritter has an onion ring that is not only delicious, but it also keeps the fritters together while they cook.
6. Gochujang Tofu
Just look at the color on this Gochujang Tofu by Rika and Doni! This is dish is a favorite among Asian comfort food meals – Taiwanese-style Pickled Cucumbers, baked gochujang tofu, and vegan floss served over steamed rice.
7. Sambharo: Indian Spiced Carrot and Cabbage SaladThis Sambharo: Indian Spiced Carrot and Cabbage Salad would make for a perfect light and spicy summer meal! It pairs beautifully with bhakri, a more dense version of roti spiced with black pepper. By Mira Manek
8. Spicy Grilled Tempeh Tacos With Homemade Sour CreamThese Spicy Grilled Tempeh Tacos With Homemade Sour Cream by Travis Piper are so delicious! Tempeh is grilled to crispy perfection with our Taiwanese spicy bean paste.
9. Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower
This Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower by Jordan and Clark Cord belongs on your plate over a hot pile of rice! Cauliflower florets are tossed in an irresistible sweet and spicy marinade and baked until tender.
10. Tandoori Sweet Potato Sandwich
Tina Dawson’s Tandoori Sweet Potato Sandwich would be perfect for a cookout! Sweet potato is soaked in a flavor-packed marinade and then roasted until perfectly crisp on the outside — and the packs quite a punch!
11. Spicy Mushroom and Walnut Bolognese
12. Caramelized Garlic-Chili Lotus Stems With Mung Bean Noodles
This Caramelized Garlic-Chili Lotus Stems With Mung Bean Noodles by Anuja Kohli Mariwala is a must-try! This particular recipe caramelizes the fibrous stems of the lotus plant in a zesty garlic-chili sauce and serves them over a bed of mung bean noodles.
13. Spicy Tomato Tuna Sushi
Megan Sadd‘s Spicy Tomato Tuna Sushi is light and delicious! Roma tomatoes are boiled and perfectly seasoned with umami and spicy flavors and rolled up with sushi rice, avocado, and nori — no bamboo mat necessary.
14. Red Pozole: Mexican Stew With Jackfruit, Corn, and Chiles
This Red Pozole: Mexican Stew With Jackfruit, Corn, and Chiles by Zsu Dever is perfection! This recipe is and updated take on the classic stew with some savory jackfruit added in for a little texture and substance.
15. Spicy Cauliflower Fritters
Hungry for more? Check out 15 Hot and Spicy Recipes That Bring on the Heat by downloading our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 10,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Lead image source: Gochujang Tofu