These are not the classic chewy chocolate chip cookies. These are crumbly, delicious, quick, super addictive, thick, and how I like mine. The crumblier and fatter, the better!
There is also limited sugar and fat in these with whole ingredients. The wheat flour that I use, is usually ground fresh at home. Whole wheat flour(regular or pastry) works well too.
There are a double layer of chocolate chips in most of these. There are so many chips in some that the flour barely holds them together. Now that is what I call a “Chocolate chip” cookie.
Ingredients: Makes 12 medium thick cookies
- 2 teaspoons flaxmeal
- 1 Tablespoon hot water
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla almond milk (Or a few drops vanilla extract + 1 Tablespoon water/non dairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp agave/maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (almost melted)
- 1 Tbsp organic canola oil
- 2.5 Tablespoons ground raw sugar( 3 Tbsp for sweeter)
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour ( or 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1/4 cup almond flour)
- 1/2 scant teaspoon baking power
- 1/3+ cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, add hot water, almond milk, flaxmeal and agave.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add the oils and raw sugar, salt, whisk for a minute until well combined. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Whisk again for a few seconds.
- Mix the baking powder in the wheat flour.
- Add the flour and mix with a spoon or hand. you might have to knead it a bit for the oils to combine well with the flour. If the dough is wet, add a few teaspoons more flour.
- Add the chocolate chips, knead to distribute.
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- The dough will feel crumbly, but will come together when pressed and will smooth out a bit with the warmth of the hands. Some cracks are fine.
- Make flat balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F for 13-14 minutes.
- Cool, consume.