These are the most delicious, juicy, tender veggie burgers you'd ever have! Serve them in your preferred buns with toppings of your choice. I like to keep my burgers simple so I just add vegan mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomato and onion and of course I sprinkle them with salt and pepper for additional flavor!
White Bean and Sweet Potato Burgers
Serves8-10 veggie burgers
- 2 cups cooked white beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (can be roasted, steamed or boiled)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- several dashes of freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of chili powder
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup soy flour
- In a food processor add the onion, garlic, parsley and white beans and pulse until beans are broken.
- Add the sweet potato puree and spices and pulse few more times.
- Transfer to a big mixing bowl, add the breadcrumbs and soy flour and mix with your hands for about 2 minutes.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into burger patties, place on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and bake in preheated oven at 180C/350F for 30 minutes, flipping once. Enjoy!
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS