As the weather is getting hotter it becomes harder for me not to have ice cream. On the quest to become fully vegan, the hardest food to give up for me has been ice cream. I still indulge in some Mint Chocolate Chip cones once in a while. However, I have been consciously trying to cut the dairy out of my diet.
Vegan Mocha Pops
This Recipe is :
- ½ cup of strong brewed coffee (I used espresso beans and a percolator.)
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce or cocoa powder mixed with water (I used the sauce that came with breakfast at a restaurant in Indonesia while we were there on vacation last summer. We, of course, asked for extra. )
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- Agave syrup to taste
- A handful of Raw Chocolate nibs
- Mix the coffee with coconut milk and chocolate sauce. If you do not have chocolate sauce simply make a paste out of cocoa powder and water.
- Add agave syrup to taste. Mix.
- The mixture should be more viscous than coffee but not like syrup.
- Drop a pinch of raw chocolate nibs to the bottom of each mold.
- Pour the mocha liquid into the mold. Add more raw chocolate nibs.
- Freeze for about 8 hours.
To remove, run the molds under hot water for a few seconds.