The beauty of this recipe is that you can truly fool your meat and cheese loving friends. I baked this lasagna once for a potluck and everyone devoured it, declaring it the best lasagna they had ever tasted. I only announced at the end of the evening that “no animals were harmed in the baking of this delicious lasagna!” Mangia!
Yummy Vegan Lasagna
This Recipe is :
- 1 ¼ cup of finely chopped mushrooms
- One package of tofu cream cheese
- One package of extra firm tofu
- One bunch of basil
- One large can of crushed tomatoes
- One bunch of broccoli
- Two large onions
- One red pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- One package of soy protein crumbles
- Vegan mozzarella
- Pepper to taste
- Two tbsp. of nutritional yeast flakes
- Two tbsp. of Seaweed Gomasio – (sesame seeds, seaweed, & sea salt)
- ¼ cup of flax seeds
- One tsp. of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Use your food processor to finely chop the mushrooms. Place one tsp. of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and cook the mushrooms for a few minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Chop the onions and garlic and cook on high for three minutes, then add the crushed tomatoes, and soy protein crumbles. Cook on low – medium heat while stirring for another five minutes.
- Rinse and chop the basil.
- In a large bowl, combine the tofu and tofu cream cheese with a potato masher. Add some of the chopped basil and pepper and mix.
- Grate the vegan mozzarella.
- Chop your red pepper and broccoli.
- Now it’s time to layer your lasagna – the best part if you ask me!
- Place oven ready lasagna noodles in a large pan first. Then add some sauce. Sprinkle with pepper, gomasio, and nutritional yeast flakes. Add the tofu/tofu cream cheese/basil mixture, then place more noodles on top. Throw in some more sauce, the mushrooms, a bit of the mozzarella, and some more noodles. Then add the rest of the tofu/tofu cream cheese/basil mixture, and place the broccoli and red peppers. A few more noodles, sauce, mozzarella, flax seeds and place some basil on the top. This is not a science. Have fun and mix it up!
- Bake for 40 minutes, and then let cool for 30 minutes before you cut yourself a piece.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS