You will swoon for this preparation for fresh summer corn on the cob. It is reminiscent of what I think of as Mexican street food: grilled corn on the cob smeared with mayo and sprinkled with queso fresco. But veganized and with a Thai twist.
Charred Corn on the Cob With Thai Chili-Lime Mayo [Vegan]
- 4 cobs of corn
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp chili-lime mayo
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- roasted peanuts
- 4 cobs of corn, rubbed with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt, and broiled for about 8 minutes on the first side and about 5 minutes on the second or until pleasantly charred (I close the oven door so that the process doesn’t take even longer); cooled
- Approximately 2 tablespoons Chili-Lime Mayo (or more to taste)
- Approximately 1 to 2 tablespoons each coconut, plain or toasted, finely chopped cilantro, and finely chopped roasted and lightly salted peanuts
- Optional garnish: additional mayo, cilantro sprigs, and whole peanuts
- Smear the mayo on the corn–or zigzag it from a squirt bottle–and sprinkle with coconut, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve barely warm or at room temperature (so that mayo doesn’t melt).
- Garnish with more mayo, cilantro sprigs, and whole peanuts if desired
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS