- 30 ounces (2 cans) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, peeled and finely
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons nori seaweed flakes
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 slices of bread, lightly toasted
- 6 large, crisp lettuce leaves
- 12 fresh tomato slices
- In a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans with a potato masher or the back of a fork.
- Fold the onion, celery, garlic, pickle, nori, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper into the garbanzo beans. Combine thoroughly.
- Lightly toast the bread. Spread the salad on one slice and stack with a lettuce leaf, two tomato slices, and another slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Allison Rivers Samson is a creative and respected chef who has crafted delectable high-end vegan food for over fifteen years through her award-winning company, Allison’s Gourmet, the premiere and most prestigious vegan sweets resource. Additionally, she has taught cooking classes and food demonstrations, and is well-known for her acclaimed “Veganize It!” column in VegNews Magazine. In 2011, “Veganize It!” was awarded “Favorite Column” in VegNews Magazine’s popular Veggie Awards reader’s poll.