One of the first things I missed when I went vegan was scrambled eggs in the morning. This recipe is more delicious, much healthier, and no animals were harmed in the making of this scramble. It’s the perfect breakfast meal for my family!
Tofu Scramble Ingredients
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- ½ green pepper
- ½ cup of chopped mushrooms
- One package of extra firm tofu
- 2 tbs. of nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbs. of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. of curry powder
- A pinch or two of pepper
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
Tofu Scramble Preparation
- Chop the potato into small cubes.
- Add the olive oil to your skillet and cook the potato cubes on medium heat for a few minutes, stirring regularly until tender.
- Chop the onion and add it to your skillet. Sauté for a few more minutes while stirring.
- Chop the green pepper and mushrooms and add them to your skillet. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the tofu and place in a large bowl. Use a paper towel to help dry the tofu. Use a potato masher to crumble the tofu and add it to your skillet.
- Add all your spices and stir. Cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Slice the avocado and tomato and arrange on your plate next to the fresh spinach.
- Scoop some delicious tofu scramble next to your veggies and enjoy!