Filled with baked tofu strips, crisp fresh vegetables, and a creamy, zesty sauce these wraps make a yummy lunch or a light supper. You can add more vegetables, if you like. For an even quicker version, you can use a package of ready-made baked marinated tofu, although making it yourself is more economical. In place of tofu, you can substitute seitan or soy curls. To make them gluten-free, use gluten-free flatbreads.
Thai Tofu-Vegetable Wrap [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon natural sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste, or more to taste
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion or scallion
- 2 lavash flatbreads or large flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or spray it with cooking spray.
- Arrange the tofu strips on the pan, drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake until lightly browned, turning once about half- way through, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the cashew butter, tamari, lime juice, sugar, and chili paste. Blend well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lettuce, carrot, bell pepper, bean sprouts, if using, and onion. Toss to combine.
- Spread the cashew mixture onto each flatbread, dividing evenly.
- Top with the vegetable mixture, spreading on the lower third of each wrap.
- Top the vegetables on each flatbread with strips of the reserved tofu.
- Roll up the sandwiches and use a serrated knife to cut them in half. Serve at once.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS