Yummy vegan soup shows off fresh sweet corn and sunflower milk!
Sunsational Corn Chowder
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 gloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn, kernels cut off cobs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried or fresh thyme or marjoram
- 1 quart Sunsational Sunflower Milk, original flavor
- Scrub the potatoes well but do not peel. Cook in water to cover until the potatoes are cooked but still firm, about 30 minutes after the water boils.
- In your soup pot, heat the sunflower or olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery, and sauté until the vegetables are cooked but not too soft. Add the corn and cook 10 minutes more. Add a bit of water if things start to stick. Add the salt, pepper, herbs and spices and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Dice 1 1/2 potatoes into small cubes. Add to vegetables in pot.
- Blend the remaining 1 ½ potatoes with one quart of Sunflower milk, till smooth.
- Add the blended mixture to the soup pot. Heat gently to a low simmer. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Taste. Add a bit more salt or pepper if you want. Serve as is or garnished with chopped fresh chives.