Gluten free, grain free, wheat free rice. Yes. Here I have for you an alternative to the typical grain. So tasty, simple, and a wonderful way to eat some cauliflower if you may be opposed otherwise. A healthy and quick side dish that's extremely customizable to fit any palate. You could even make this a meal if you add in some more veggies, legumes, gluten-free pasta, and maybe even tofu/tempeh would be swell. Feel free to make this sans the spicy spices if you're not a fan. I have a tad bit of a fixation towards spicy foods. I love when my sinuses start running ha...
Spicy Curry Cauliflower Rice With Kale [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 bunch scallions (or onion)
- 1-3 cups of kale, chard, spinach, broccoli, any greens shall do
- 3-5 whole fresh garlic cloves (depending on your preference)
- olive oil
- curry powder
- cayenne powder and crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- smoked paprika
- Lightly sauté the scallions in olive oil, I used only 1/2 tbsp, use your preference. I keep my garlic raw and add it to my dish once I’m done cooking as the health benefits are immense, but add in the garlic (chopped) now if you prefer it cooked.
- In the meantime, put the cauliflower in a food processor and blend until a rice-like consistency has been reached. Don’t over do it or you may have yourself some cauliflower mash (still edible though).
- Add the cauliflower to the pan once scallions have softened a bit. I prefer to heat on medium-low and water sauté for the remainder of cooking. Water sauteing is when you use solely water, no oils. Oil can become rancid when heated too high, thus losing nutritional content (and I’ve even heard detrimental to our health) argh. Use more oil if you please though. I added 1/4 cup water.
- Add in your greens or perhaps other veggies that suite your desires. Add in spices to your preferred taste buds and finish cooking until heated and you’re satisfied.
- Serve ‘n eat folks. Man, this is a pretty addicting healthy veggie side dish. Sweet smoky notes from the smoked paprika and curry, yet overall savory and spicy.