Winter squash are great sources of vitamin A, antioxidants and fibre. They also have blood sugar regulating and anti-inflammatory properties. Raw cashew nuts make an excellent creamy plant based alfredo sauce and nutritional yeast makes for a nice cheesy flavor with a dose of protein and B vitamins.
Spaghetti Squash with Alfredo Sauce
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 15 shiitake or cremini mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt + sprinkle
- Black pepper
Raw Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce:
- ½ cup cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ lemon, juiced + ½ tsp zest
- 1 garlic clove
- 1.5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp kelp powder
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds with a soup spoon. Place squash cut side down in the baking with and add about 2 centimeters of water. Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Clean and trim mushrooms, then chop roughly. On a baking sheet mix cherry tomatoes and mushrooms with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take tomatoes, mushrooms and squash out of the oven. Turn squash cut side up, sprinkle with a dash of sea salt and olive oil and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- When squash is ready, use a fork to scrape out squash into a serving dish.
- To make alfredo sauce, drain and rinse nuts in the sieve. Add all ingredients into a blender and buzz until smooth.
- Mix all ingredients and serve!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS