Corn is another favorite summer staple of mine and a bag of leftover roasted corn and a fresh assortment of sweet peppers got me thinking…Roasted Corn and Pepper Soup? I’ve been obsessed with smoked paprika lately and I thought the addition of this smoky spice would pair nicely with the smokiness of the roasted corn, and did it ever. This soup was warm and rustic, and made for a wonderful end of summer meal!
Smoky Roasted Corn and Sweet Pepper Soup [Vegan]
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups mixed sweet peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen roasted corn
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs thyme (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot on medium high. Add onion, peppers, & garlic. Cook 3-5 minutes until softened. Stir in roasted corn & let cook another 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, thyme leaves, & smoked paprika & bring to a boil. Reduce heat & let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove 2-3 cups of the soup & puree in a blender (I used my beloved Vitamix). Add red pepper flakes, salt & pepper to the puree.
- Return to the pot & stire. Serve garnished with fresh thyme.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS