The simples are my favorite. Full of color and flavor. This is one of those easy dishes I could eat almost every day. The tomatoes are bursting with juiciness and the sautéed lemon adds a wonderful touch. Something about adding lemon to the skillet brings out their sweetness in a most delicious way. Pairing all of this goodness over a grain of choice, as well as a white bean, rounds this meal out by giving you extra protein and fiber to leave you satisfied without feeling weighed down. Feel free to add other vegetables to this as well. Think of this as just a template.
Skillet Asparagus & Tomato Medley
This Recipe is :
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 10 oz. asparagus
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- whole garlic cloves, as many as you like
- 2 lemons, quartered and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon or so olive oil
- Himalayan salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon or so thyme
- 1 can (15oz) white beans (I use cannellini)
- cooked quinoa, farro, barley, jasmine or basmati rice
- Prep your veggies and place in medium size bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, mix to coat.
- Add salt, pepper and a sprinkle of thyme, mix again.
- Heat skillet on medium to medium high, add vegetables and cook for about eight minutes, or until tomatoes soften.
- Serve on a bed of grains and beans…or however you like it!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS