Wow, I love balls. This recipe has only a few ingredients, all of which are super foods in their whole, raw form. I had trouble restraining myself from eating all the mix before I rolled them out but I can proudly say I only devoured like... 1/4 of it. This is where you say "Good job, Emily." Even my kitty was tempted by the coconut flakes. I quickly googled "cats and coconut" and it turns out coconut oil is excellent for your animal companions! Holla.
Raw Truffles with Chia, Carob and Coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- Dash of salt and vanilla, if desired
- Coconut flakes
- Carob powder
- Chia seeds
- To make the balls: process the walnuts, oats and carob in your food processor until they become a rough flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it sticks together. If it is still too crumbly or dry, add 1 tablespoon of liquid coconut oil or a few more dates.
- Press the mix into balls with your hands.
- Roll in the coatings. Nom.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS