Okay, these are really rummy and really rich. They are delicious in their own elegant way, so enjoy them for that reason. Don't try to compare them because they're not the same! The purpose of fashioning them after s'mores is to evoke those childhood memories of sitting around the campfire with loved ones, looking up at the stars, and being simply content with an ooey, gooey sugary treat in your hands.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave/raw honey/maple syrup (or 1/2 cup dates)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Use my raw chocolate recipe, a vegan chocolate bar, or whatever.
- Process the oats, groats, cinnamon and nutmeg in your food processor until they become a rough flour.
- Add the dates and molasses and process until it clumps together.
- Roll thinly on a baking sheet and cut into squares, then dehydrate at your ovens lowest temperature for about 3 hours, or use your dehydrator and dehydrator trays.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth (in your food processor or blender) and then scoop the mixture into a lined small loaf pan, small enough so there is a thick layer.
- You could also use the bottom of ice cube trays. Just think: will they be marshmallow sized?
- Put in the fridge until solid, then cut as needed to get the shape you want.
- When your crackers are done (and preferably still warm) assemble the s’mores! Cracker, chocolate, marshmallow, cracker.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS