This is delectable! All fruit, all the time. This cake has a vibrant array of colours that are naturally pleasing to your pretty little eyes. As winter continues to draw nearer, I do the same with my warm clothing and scarves (draw them nearer, that is). The cold weather creates a crisp and refreshing environment that always reminds me to be grateful for what I have been given and what I have – including raw vegan cheesecake! Namaste!
Orange & Blueberry Cheesecake: makes one cake
- 2 cups raw nuts
- 1 cup dates or raisins
- pinch of salt
Orange Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup agave/maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- juice of one lemon
- zest of all the oranges you juiced
- pinch of salt
Blueberry Layer Ingredients:
- 2 cups organic blueberries (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup of the orange cheesecake mixture
- To make the crust: process the nuts and dates/raisins in your food processor until the nuts have become crumbs and the mixture sticks together when you press it. Press into the bottom of a spring-form pan and put in the fridge.
- To make the orange cheesecake: blend all ingredients (except orange zest) in your high speed blender until very smooth, then add in the orange zest with a spoon. Reserve 1/4 cup of this mixture for the blueberry topping – pour the rest onto your crust and put in the freezer.
- To make the blueberry layer: blend the blueberries and the 1/4 cup of cheesecake mixture in your food processor or blender until creamy but still with small pieces of blueberry for texture. Spread this over your cheesecake and keep in the freezer or fridge overnight. If you can wait a day – this is best after 2 days (and not frozen, of course) enjoy with sliced oranges and blueberries!