Looking for a healthy, easy chocolate recipe to make for Valentine’s Day?
Our chocolate cream cakes are not only healthy and easy to make, they are raw and gluten free too! Plus perfect individual serving!
Raw desserts are so much to make and anyone can make them. No baking required. A great recipe to make with your kids too.
Plus this recipe can be easily changed to your taste preference. We used pecans in crust, but any nut would work. For the filling, we used cashews as they provide the best cream. But macadamia nuts would be okay. We reduced the amount of sugar in these chocolate cream cakes, so adjust to your liking.
Raw Mini Chocolate Cream Cake Recipe:
prep-time: about 10 minutes
makes: 12 mini cheesecakes or one large 8 or 9 inch cake
Pecan chocolate crust:
- 1 cup pecan meal (just ground up pecans, can use any nut meal of liking)
- 3-4 medjool dates (or 2-3 tbsp maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (cocoa powder)
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place all ingredients into a food processor (can do in a blender) and pulse till combined. you want the crust to slightly stick together.
- Grab your mini cheesecake pan and scoop your pecan chocolate crust into your pan. press down with fingers to firmly place the crust into pan.
- Set aside as you make your filling.
- 2 cups cashew, pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1/2 cup maple syrup ( or may use agave nectar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Soak cashews for about 10- 15 minutes (optional) then rinse well. place cashews into blender with maple syrup, vanilla, and water. blend for a little bit to get it creamy.
- Next add in your cacao powder and coconut oil. blend till creamy. you may have to scrape down the sides a few times. just keep blending till it is nice and smooth.
- **we like our chocolate cream cake on the rich chocolate not too sweet side, you may add in a little bit more sweetness if desired
- Once chocolate filling is blended begin scooping your filling into your mini cheesecake pans. fill them to the top. set the chocolate cream cakes into your freezer to set for a few hours before removing from pan. you may enjoy this chocolate dessert as is or you may add on more chocolate and pecans. why not, right?
- crushed pecans
- chocolate sauce