This is delightful, refreshing and sweet like the summer sun. Okay – I know I am getting ahead of the seasons here but I am just so excited for summer to arrive. We are finally started to get blue sky and warmer temperatures here in good ole British Columbia. That was the inspiration for this tart. Besides… I like mint.
cashew fruit tart with coconut, ginger + mint:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup oats or buckwheat groats
- 2 cups raisins or dates
- 1 cup cashews
- Handful mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon peeled ginger root
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- Water or other liquid, as needed
- To make the crust: process the walnuts and oats/groats in your food processor until they are a rough flour. Add the raisins and process until it starts sticking together. Press in the bottom of a lined tart tin. Set aside.
- To make the filling: blend all ingredients until smooth, adding as little water or other liquid as possible, but enough to make it creamy and smooth. Taste it and add more stuff according to your preferences. Or not.
- Assemble the beauty: spread the filling onto your crust evenly and set in the fridge overnight or for a few hours. Decorate with sliced fruit, coconut shavings and mint leaves. Enjoy!