Before going vegan I was not the biggest fan of conventional gingersnaps to be honest with you. But now that I have made a raw version I'm in this holiday cookie's heaven! I mean, when I actually think about it - what is there not to drool over? Cinnamon. Ginger. Dates. Make it into a cookie and sprinkle a bit o' raw sugar on top. Salivating at every word. These are just as good as the baked, processed version but you can feel completely proud of yourself for giving these to loved ones over Christmas, because not only are they delicious - they are healthful. I'd rather give gifts that promote health, sexiness and long life than ones that cause heart and weight problems.
Blunt but true.
Blunt but true.
Raw Gingersnap Cookies
- 2 cups raw flour (grind raw rye berries or oat groats into flour in your blender) OR almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups dates or raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of fresh, peeled ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon unsulphered molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- raw sugar to garnish
- Blend all ingredients together in your food processor until it forms into a delicious ginger-cinnamon ball of raw goodness.
- Stick this in a bowl in the fridge for an hour and then shape it into as many little balls as you desire.
- Put these on wax paper and sprinkle on raw sugar.
- Stamp each one down with the bottom of a jar.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least for a few hours, then eat. Mmm.
- Another option is to dehydrate for a few hours so they actually “snap”.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS