Get it? Just the bare fruit... just the bare truth... Haha? These are all fruit, all the time. the crust is nut-free, made from only dried dates, raisins and figs. The filling is banana cream and obviously the topping is simply sliced strawberries and kiwi. I added chia to the banana cream because chia is a rock star (or should I say... RAW star? Eh? Eh!? Alright fine, I won't).
Raw Fruit Tarts
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried figs
- 1-2 bananas
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped kiwi
- Whatever else you want
- To make the crust: put all the ingredients in your food processor and pulse until everything is in small pieces that stick together – don’t process to much or it will get too sticky. Press into three lined tart tins. Put in the fridge.
- To make the filling: mush the banana with fork and then add the chia seeds.
- Assembly: take the crusts gently out of the tins. Spread the banana chia mix into the crusts and then top off with the fruit.