Raw chocolate, or better known in the raw food world as “raw cacao” is one of my favorite ingredients. When asked recently what ingredient I can't live without... raw chocolate immediately comes to mind. In fact, some say, and I agree, that “raw chocolate is the new red wine.” And why shouldn’t it be? Studies show raw chocolate as an amazing source of magnesium (great for helping you relax), as well as an astounding way to gobble up antioxidants. And, it contains phenylethylamine (PEA) — this is what our brains secrete when we fall in love. Ooooh!
Raw Double Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 1 ¾ cups raw walnuts or almonds
- ½ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
- ¾ teaspoon cherry extract
- 1 tablespoon raw chocolate powder
- ¾ cup raisins
- 3 cups raw cashews (soak them 1-2 hours, and then strain)
- 1/3 cup raw agave nectar
- 6 dates, pitted
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons cherry extract
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw chocolate powder
- 1 bag frozen cherries, thawed (or any berries)
- ¼ cup raw agave nectar
- dash fresh lemon juice
- pinch cinnamon
- Grind the nuts, cacao nibs, and salt in a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, until coarsely ground.
- Add the cherry extract and chocolate powder and pulse to thoroughly combine.
- Add the raisins and process until the mixture sticks together when gently pressed between your fingers.
- Press into the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch round spring form pan.
- Using a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, process the cashews, agave, dates, lemon juice, and water until creamy. (This could take 3-5 minutes.) You might need to stop and scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Add the cherry extract, coconut oil, and chocolate powder and process until creamy. Pour the filling into the spring form pan and refrigerate until it sets.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
CherryChocolateChocolate CakeChocolate CheesecakeRaw Cacao