For the crust:
- 2½ cups dry coconut flakes
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup packed, finely chopped dates
- ¼ tsp raw vanilla powder, or 2 vanilla beans
For the filling:
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk (this is coconut meat and water blended together- not canned coconut milk.
- 3/4 cups coconut meat
- 3/4 cup packed, finely chopped dates
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 2 pinches salt
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp raw scented coconut butter
- For the crust: Blend all ingredients in a food processor and press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle some extra dried coconut flakes onto the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.
- For the filling: Blend all ingredients except coconut butter in blender until smooth.
- Add coconut butter last and blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust and top with coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate or freeze for about an hour.