If you like chocolate, you’ll love these lave cakes. It may not be hot, but if you're a raw foodie, then nothing else will come closer to that experience that the thick, chocolatey center of these dark chocolate buckwheat-based cakes. Eating one is like a mega awesome super chocolate party in your mouth which this results in an excellent, ethereal sense of well-being.
Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1/3 cup oats or buckwheat groats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or carob powder
For the Molten Lava Middle:
- 1/3 cup cacao butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or carob powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, Himalayan sea salt, and chili powder
- Non-dairy milk, as needed
To Make the Cakes:
- Pulse the oats, walnuts and cacao powder in your food processor until they become a rough flour. Add the dates and raisins and process until it all starts to stick together. Using about 2/3 of the mix (you have to save some for the tops), press into the bottom and sides of lined cupcake tins and put in the refrigerator. Use the rest of the mix to make the tops by pressing it into cookie molds the same diameter of your cupcake tins. Put those in the refrigerator as well.
To Make the Molten Middle:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, adding the milk as needed to make it a creamy and “molten” consistency. Take the cakes out of the cupcake molds and pour the molten mixture into each one, filling up almost to the top. Now, carefully press the tops onto the cakes, gently pressing together the edges. Flip over and decorate with cacao nibs and goji berries.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
CarobChocolateChocolate CakeChocolate CupcakeRaw Cacao