Holy cow. If you like chocolate, you'll love this. It's like a mega awesome super chocolate party in your mouth which this results in an excellent, ethereal sense of well being. Don't worry if it sounds too intense - I know you can handle it. You're stronger than you think. Like an ant lifting 100 times your body weight. I will change the subject now because I feel this getting weird.
Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
- 1/3 cup each of raw oats, walnuts, dates, and raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
Molten lava middle
- 1/3 cup each of melted cacao butter, maple syrup, dates, and cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, Himalayan sea salt, and chili powder
- Nut milk, as needed
- To make the cakes: pulse the oats, walnuts and cacao powder in your food processor until they become a rough flour. Add the dates and raisins and process until it all starts to stick together. Using about 2/3 of the mix (you have to save some for the tops), press into the bottom and sides of lined cupcake tins and put in the fridge. Use the rest of the mix to make the tops by pressing it into cookie molds the same diameter of your cupcake tins. Put those in the fridge as well.
- To make the molten middle: blend all ingredients until smooth, adding the milk as needed to make it creamy and a “molten” consistency (whatever that means… hopefully you know). Take the cakes out of the cupcake molds and pour the molten mixture into each one, filling up almost to the top. Now carefully press the tops onto the cakes, gently pressing together the edges. Flip over and decorate with cacao nibs and goji berries. Eat da lava, mohn.
- A few substitution options: to make these gluten-free, use buckwheat groats instead of oats. If you don’t want to use cacao, use coconut oil instead of cacao butter and carob instead of cacao powder.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS