This is a delightful recipe that I think everyone can appreciate. We all love(d) the classic dessert version, but I'm not crazy about the processed ingredients like white sugar, refined flour, pasteurized butter and cream cheese. I decided to remake this baby with healthy whole foods! Consider it DONE.
Raw Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups cashews, preferably soaked for a couple hours
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Water, as needed
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried pineapple (or more dates)
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients in your high speed blender until smooth, adding as little water as possible.
- Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the carrots into small chunks.
- Then throw all the ingredients (including the carrots) in your food processor and pulse until it’s all in really small pieces and sticks together.
- Press half the cake mix into the bottom of an adjustable spring-form pan.
- Then spread on about 1/3 of the frosting. Put it in the freezer until the layer of frosting is hard.
- Then press on the rest of the cake mix.
- I let it set in the fridge overnight, then frosted the whole thing, but you can do it right away if you want.
- Take it out of the pan and use the remaining frosting, cover with whatever garnishes you like. Enjoy!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS