What's better than apple pie? Apple pie made into cookies - raw vegan style! These are the perfect to-go for those cool days when you crave apple pie.
Raw Apple Pie Cookies
- 3/4 cup whole oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tb flax seeds
- 1 small banana
- 1 tb cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tb maple syrup
- spiced apple, for topping
- Combine dry ingredients (oats, almond meal, flour, and flax) in a small bowl.
- Add the banana, and mash until a loose dough forms.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, and maple, and stir until combined.
- Form into 2″ balls, and flatten on sheet. Let sit for about 30 minutes, and (if you have power) refrigerate for firmer cookies. If dough is too loose, add almond meal and/or more flour.
- Top with sliced apple, and drizzle with additional maple syrup.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS