This spontaneous papaya-avocado-beet-tofu salad was SOOOO good I could not resist sharing it!
Ingredients salad (serves a large main dish plate for one)
- 1 tsp sesame oil for stir-frying
- 100 g firm tofu
- A handful of bean sprouts
- A small piece of red-bell pepper
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 medium beet, cooked
- 100 g of fresh papaya flesh
- A handful of leafy greens
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 tsp umeboshi paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp agave syrup (any other liquid sweetener will do)
- Cut the tofu in cubes and bell-pepper in rings.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When hot, add the tofu, bean sprouts and bell-pepper rings and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Cut the papaya, beets and avocado in cubes. Mix with the leafy greens and arrange on the plate.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together.
- Arrange the tofu, stir-fried sprouts and bell-pepper rings on the top of the vegetables. Decorate with the sesame seeds and sprinkle generously with the dressing.
Lera Krasovskaya: I reside in the city Amsterdam. I am a certified dietarian, I do research in the field of nutrition and I love cooking. Food has been my passion for many years and gradually it grew into a professional activity. Being a certified nutritionist, I believe that a vegan diet (if approached with reason and balanced) can provide all the necessary macro- and micro-nutrients. I love cooking and I love sharing food with friends, so I have my own blog where I share my healthy, rejuvenating, beautifying and delicious recipes with vegans, vegetarians and all those interested in healthy, tasty and animal-friendly food.Blog: http://govegan.blog.com