A tasty pesto sauce with some very nutritious secrets, this recipe is a superfood twist on classic Italian cuisine.
Quinoa with Secret Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serves4 - 6
- ½ cup (packed) sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups (packed) chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1⁄3 cup EFA Oil (like hemp oil, flax oil, or a blend)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach, cut into chiffonade (aka extra thin)
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in some hot water for 30 minutes or until soft. Slice thinly.
- Use a food processor to blend the basil, hemp seeds, both oils, wheatgrass powder, nutritional yeast, sea salt and garlic into a pesto sauce. In a large bowl, toss some of the pesto (use as much as desired) with the quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Serve cold or gently heat.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS