This pretty pink smoothie is a nutritional powerhouse in disguise! One serving has over 20g of protein, 10g of fiber, 700mg of potassium, and nearly 70% of your daily value for iron. Not to mention it tastes great!
It has plenty of natural sweetness from the cherries and strawberries, a caramel-like richness from the mesquite powder, and a creamy texture from the bananas and protein powder. This smoothie makes an excellent, satisfying breakfast that will keep you energized throughout the morning.
- 2 cups nondairy milk (I used plain soy milk)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, unsweetened
- 1 cup frozen cherries, pitted and unsweetened
- 2 bananas (peeled, broken into chunks and frozen ahead of time)
- 2 tablespoons raw mesquite powder (could also sub cocoa powder)
- 2 scoops of vegan protein powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Simply toss the ingredients in the blender, mix until smooth, and enjoy!
Makes two, 2-cup servings