Peanut butter and banana s’mores are not exactly a traditional combination, but oh-my, did they turn out good.
I came up with this idea to use the last few (gluten-free) Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies that I had left over. The banana (in the cookies) gives them their own identity, apart from the usual s’more, but you could use any of your favorite cookies.
Peanut Butter and Banana S’mores
Makes 1 S’more
- 2 Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 1 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter (I used natural)
- 1/8 tsp Molasses
- 6 Mini Marshmallows (I used Dandies)
- 10 – 15 Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Turn oven on broil.
- Stir together the peanut butter and molasses. It should thicken and firm up to a soft fudgy texture, if it doesn’t, add a little more molasses.
- Spread bottoms of both cookies with peanut butter mixture.
- On one cookie arrange marshmallows on top of peanut butter, and on the other cookie sprinkle the chocolate chips over peanut butter.
- Place both halves filling side up on a cookie sheet and broil until marshmallows brown (1 – 2 minutes). Watch them carefully, so they don’t burn.
- Gently lift cookies off sheet (they will be soft and may break apart easily) and sandwich them together.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving/devouring.