Have a healthy, filling breakfast on the go with these oatmeal muffins. They are sure to fill you up until lunch.
Serves10 - 12
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Unsweetened Apple Juice
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Pureed Banana
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line muffin tin with paper cups (or lightly oil).
- Stir together the oats and juice and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Blend the pureed banana, oil, and salt until thoroughly combined. Add the oat mixture and blend well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in raisins.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to rack.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS